Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ricardo O Gonzales has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Gonzalez is very professional and knowledgeable in his field. I've seen him since I was a child, through my adolescent years, and into my adult life. He helped me when no one else would with medications to deal with my hereditary anxiety and PTSD that I've been battling with for my entire life, until something happened. I became an adult, and I made a child-like mistake and got in trouble with the law. Even after being clean from drugs for almost a year and a half, he refused to help me. I am without the medication (that he once provided) that makes me a functional person, and therefore I am without a job and do not have means to help myself and so I can't help my family. Every day is a fight with myself to overcome anxiety, agoraphobia, and the terrible things that happened to me in my past, and it's a losing fight. My quality of life has dropped significantly. I feel like my problems were belittled and nothing that I said was taken seriously... as if he assumed he knew more about me than I did myself.
46 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Ricardo O Gonzales accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ricardo O Gonzales is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.