Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ricardo J Gonzalez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ricardo J Gonzalez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Ricardo J Gonzalez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ricardo J Gonzalez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Gonzalez Is a good Dr But the people in the front office are making Dr Gonzalez Look bad The girl at the front has canceled my appointment and told me the Dr told her to do it I went and talked to the manager Karen Phillips she pretty much took the girls side, In other words she didn't care how the people we're being treated, This is not the first problem I have had But it's will be the last I'm finding a new Dr. And if your going there good luck on getting an appointment
Office managment is very chaotic, is not effective, not very friendly :-( To get appointment fast is alomost not possible, they will send you to Urgent Care even though you are established patient. NO WALKS INS!!! If you call and need to talk to your Dr. you will have to wait 2 days or more. If you call many times and bet them to talk to your Dr. they wil still not do it and Dr. will receive the message 2 or 3 days later. Dr. Gonzales is great though and he would sqeeze you in if he would know about your problem.
Dr Gonzalez has been my MD for about 5 years now and he's been very helpful with all my medical needs. Going to his office is always a positive experience. His nurse "J" is super nice too. Dr G has a sharp eye and seems to be a very good problem solver - exactly what you need in a doctor. He's a nice pleasant fellow too, who can put you at ease right away. On the rare times I've needed to be seen right away, his staff got me in within 24 hours, which I really appreciate. They sure seem to be on the ball too, lol. I'm glad I found these folks - they're the best!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Dr. Ricardo J Gonzalez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ricardo J Gonzalez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.