Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez MD
Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Wonderful , knowledgeable and compassionate
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez - Posted on December 6th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez - Posted on November 13th, 2018
Worst doctor in NJ
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez - Posted on September 19th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez - Posted on May 4th, 2018
When I first started seeing Dr. Fernandez, I had been to one psychiatrist and many therapists. No one diagnosed me correctly. I was given medications by the psychiatrist for the treatment of schizophrenia. I was not schizophrenic. Dr. Fernandez took 2 years to diagnose me correctly. I underwent psychological testing, a sleep deprivation eeg and other testing. It was he who finally diagnosed me correctly and I have been working with him for 31 years. He tells you things you may not want to hear but it is always done in the best interest of the client. He is the best. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking psychiatric care. He is also a specialist in psychopharmacology. He is brilliant in prescribing the correct medication. I would not be who I am today without his help. He also has a wonderful staff.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez - Posted on May 23rd, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez's office for more information.
12 Roszel Rd Ste A103 Princeton, NJ : (609) 419-0123
Locations & DirectionsPRINCETON FAMILY CARE ASSOCIATES, 12 Roszel Rd Ste A103, Princeton, NJ
Dr. Ricardo J Fernandez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Princeton, NJ.