Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ricardo A Samson
Dr. Ricardo A Samson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Samson is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center and Northwest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ricardo A Samson has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Heart Arrest
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Samson saved my son's life when another pediatric cardiologist did not want to do further testing on my son when he was 5. Dr. Samson is extremely thorough. He takes the time to listen to us, takes the time to talk to my son and will not perform any unnecessary procedures. He explains the medical terminology in layman's terms and will keep explaining the situation until you fully understand what the problem is. He has excellent memory retention - meaning if you only see him once every two years he will remember the details from the previous visit. He will answer questions right away with a phone call if you leave a message with his staff -or the on-call doctor will call back and if needed that on-call doctor will call Dr. Samson if need be. I have complete faith and trust in Dr. Samson. It is a frightening experience having to deal with any heart problems with your child but Dr. Samson makes you feel secure in knowing that he is looking after the well-being of your child. He does not rush through appointments and will answer every question you have. He treats your child with individualized care and makes you feel like your child is special and unique to him. My only regret - I wish he was my own personal doctor! I wish every doctor would treat his/her patients with the care and understanding that Dr. Samson does with his patients!! I feel comfortable having my child's life in his hands. He is extremely knowledgable, kind, caring and an awesome pediatric cardiologist.
Dr. Samson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1987
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Ricardo A Samson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN Bien Southern NV
- Health Plan of NV HMO Southern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Heart Center Nevada, 3006 S Maryland Pkwy Ste 690, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Ricardo A Samson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.