Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard A Brown
Dr. Richard A Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Brown has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard A Brown has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Richard A Brown has the following 6 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Richard A Brown has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard A Brown is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I have seen Dr Brown for about 4 years and for 3 separate hand injuries. He has performed 2 surgeries on me and I can attest to his surgery skills and excellent bedside manner. I am in the medical profession myself and Dr Brown is highly regarded as one of the best hand surgeons in Southern California by physicians and OR staff. He sees his patients quickly and diagnoses problems efficiently and correctly. He has exceptional bedside manner and is very caring. He has treated my wrist and hand injuries with great success and excellent outcomes. His surgical approaches are up to date and he is talented with minimally invasive techniques which allow you to recover much faster with less pain. I can't say enough good things. I would highly recommend him to anyone with a hand or wrist injury.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Duke University School Of Medicine
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Richard A Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Brown in this video.
Dr. Richard A Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.