Dr. Richard Ruiz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Ruiz?

Horrible bed side manner

Posted on August 23rd, 2017

I have never been so insulted in my life. Dr. Ruiz has the worst bed side manner I have ever experienced. I will not go into detailed as to his comments, but maybe he should consider retiring. Him and his staff need to try harder with their customer service skills, and organization. Will never return to this office.

Disappointed

Posted on October 30th, 2016

Dr Ruiz strongly recommend balloon surgery, which was very expensive and didn't work. Would not recommend him, or the surgery. Get a second opinion!

Worst Doctor I've Ever Seen

Posted on August 1st, 2016

Do yourself a huge favor and find another ENT. The staff here was great and it was easy to make an appointment, but this doctor is bad news. If there was a minus star on this review, I would give it to Dr. Ruiz.

scheduling

Posted on January 7th, 2016

My Otolaryngologist in NYC is an excellent doctor. I worked with him in the same hospital in Midtown Manhattan. But I had to moved down here in CA because of health issues and to be near my family. I wanted to see a doctor with ENT / Otolaryngology specialty. My new PMD recommended a doctor but since I have a PPO health insurance I scout in the Internet a doctor with good credentials. I saw Dr. Ruiz site. I called the office to set up an appointment. I was told to go to a site to fill up a document. I called the office and told the lady receptionist , I am done. I was told it will take up sometime and the office will call me back. Soon it will be summer and no one calls me back as yet. I do not want to compare the services here and NY/NJ area but I think the doctors should hire more staff who can assists clientele. Some of doctors recognition is by words-of-mouth. How can I say he is a good and excellent doctor? I would like to enter to his services but the door is unwelcoming! I just have to rate Dr. Ruiz a one star so as to get this comment to him.

Worst Experience EVER with a DR:

Posted on September 5th, 2015

I had the WORST experience with Dr. Ruiz! I went to see him for an ear ache and after looking at my ear he said that he needed to send me some tests before any diagnose. That day he did not prescribe me even ibuprofen for the pain. After the tests, I had to be calling for more than 2 weeks to inquire about my results. The nurse that answer the phone said my results came back fine and asked if I still wanted to see the Dr. or the pain was gone. ( because I am a cash patient) I asked for an appointment because he had still not given me anything for the ear so I obviously was doing the same. He charged me again just to tell me that I was fine and when I inquired about my results and why the ear was still bothering then he suggested an MRI. I asked for what and he said. " Do you really want to know"? What kind of Dr. first says you are fine, than suggests an MRI and asks if I really want dot know why!!! I said off course and then he said he would be looking for a brain tumor! I was shocked, he originally didn´t even want to see me again because he said I was fine. When I reminded him they I was a cash patient he said I should´t wait for more than a month that I could have a seizure driving! I asked him how much possibilities I had of having a brain tumor and he said that around 5% and then he said that even a 1%. ( well, I guess I have those or more possibilities of getting anything else!) I left his office, again he did nOT PRESCRIBE anything and off course I had to pay again. After have spreading more than $300 with him office visits for NOTHING I had to seek another opinion. It turns out, I had a little cold, they gave me something for my ear and I´m Fine!! I have been calling his office for more than 2 months to let him know and because I want my money back. He ripped me off! He did a terrible diagnose based on nothing and he did not give me medicine for my ears.

Posted on July 25th, 2015

Just had a procedure 2 weeks ago and I'm very happy with the services that was provided! Thank you Doctor Ruiz and staff. I Highly recommend your practice to everyone!

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Very professional and courteous. Takes his time to teach A+

Really love this office!

Posted on February 11th, 2015

Horrible Service, Horrible Person

Posted on October 13th, 2013

Wow, This guy and his office is bad. Had billing issues with every visit. Trouble getting my medicine after multiple requests and a hard time making an appointment every time. Their credit card machine is always out of service..sorry but I don't carry checks with me anymore. Even after mentioning the issues to the doctor no improvement. I guess I blame myself for giving someone so many chances to correct their mistakes, Learned my lesson.

Posted on June 9th, 2013

I was recommended to see Dr. Ruiz because of a roaring noise in my ears. He spent about 10 minutes with me and scheduled me for a hearing test. He was more interested in talking about his health and telling me about my way of eating than he was treating my problem. My hearing test was fine. Then he calls me after 2 days at 7 p.m. at night and tells me he thinks I have a tumor on my eardrum. This is very scary with all of the cancer I have in my family. He then got an approval to have an MRI done which proved nothing. He called to tell me no tumor and could not recommend any treatment. He is the most rude doctor I have ever been too in my life. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Wonderful, caring Doctor

Posted on February 21st, 2013

I had surgery on Valentine's Day. Dr. Ruiz was very professional and caring. He had great bedside manner, was friendly and put me at ease before the procedure. I had total trust in him. My husband was impressed with Dr. Ruiz's phone call to him after the surgery, explaining exactly what he did and that I was doing fine. My husband commented to me that evening how nice it was for Dr. Ruiz to remain at the surgery center until he arrived to pick me up. His work was done, he could have gone home and left me in the care of the surgery center, but he stayed and it was after 5:00 pm AND Valentine's Day. I was happy to see he was there when I woke up. I have had surgery before and the doctor was gone, it was comforting to see a familiar face. Everything about Dr. Ruiz is 5 Stars. The maximum rating is only 4, but he goes above and beyond.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on November 11th, 2012

I have had my share of ear, nose and throat doctors and Dr. Ruiz was the most knowledgeable and he is the only Dr. that was able to put a tube in my ear that actually stayed in place more than 3 months (I'm going on 8 years now with the same tube). I had to switch my insurance and do not have coverage with him, but he is worth the out of pocket cost for me because I know he give an accurate diagnosis.