Dr. Richard Smith Is this you?

11 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Richard Smith?

Posted on February 23rd, 2011

Totally misdiagnosed a cancer which proved to be fatal. Even though I kept asking him, over a period of a year, if it could be lung cancer, he said no, it was bursitis. I had to finally demand my mother be hospitalized and the source of her excruciating pain be determined (after 3 trips to the ER). Upon discharge, he told me again it was not lung cancer. I commented that I would have expected the lung cancer (this person had been a heavy smoker for over 70 years and had COPD) but never what he finally said it was, which was cancer of the spine. (It had metastasized to the spine from the lung) He didn't comment other than to tell us she was being discharged to my home on hospice. I had to get him to fill out an FMLA form for me the following week and he put the cause was lung cancer! After my mother passed away 2 months later, I got the death certificate and it also stated lung cancer. He could never admit he was wrong. My mother suffered needless agony because of his ego.

Posted on May 12th, 2017