Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard E Abbott has 2 locations
2400 Clinton Ave S Ste F1
Rochester, NY 14618
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard E Abbott has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard E Abbott has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard E Abbott - Posted on September 12th, 2017
Where are you Dr. Abbott?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard E Abbott - Posted on May 26th, 2016
Yes...he was wonderful, but he has disappeared ... I am worried about him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard E Abbott - Posted on March 21st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard E Abbott - Posted on March 9th, 2016
the best possible PCP
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard E Abbott - Posted on December 15th, 2015
Dr. Abbott has been my physician for twenty years. He is responsive, intelligent, personable, and listens well. He takes time to find out what is up with the patient and to talk about everything related to the patient's health. In emergency situations, even when I've been under the care of other doctors or out of town, he and his administrative staff have always been helpful and available. I consider myself lucky to have him as my PCP.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1984
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard E Abbott Accepts the Following Insurance
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Richard E Abbott
Dr. Abbott received his undergraduate degree in 1980 from Dartmouth College, where he was elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree in 1984 from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, where he was elected to membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Abbott is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Rochester.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard E Abbott is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NY.