More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard V Abdo
Dr. Richard V Abdo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clearwater, FL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Abdo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard V Abdo has the following 4 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Richard V Abdo has the following 9 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Richard V Abdo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard V Abdo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
Foot surgery 4 years ago and recent Hip Replacement surgery and both had fantastic results. Dr. Abdo has eliminated my pain and basically restored my life to normal.
I am pleased and happy I was referred to Dr Abdo when I broke my ankle! He truly cares about his patients and staff members! I was treated as if I was family! I was scared through the whole process and everyone was so kind and caring! I highly recommend Dr Abdo! Excellent bedside manners and knowledge! Best office staff as well! Thank you again for your kind care you gave me!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Richard V Abdo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedic Specialties, 1011 Jeffords St Bldg C, Clearwater, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard V Abdo in this video.
Dr. Richard V Abdo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.