Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard W Abel has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
He was assigned to my son at Northside Hospital. My son has a mass on his cheek under the skin. We were sent for an ultra sound and told results would be forthcoming in 1-2 hours. NINE HOURS LATER I was tracking down others to find out the results. Turns out Dr. Able totally forgot about us. He came in the next morning and told me he was sorry that he completely forgot about my son! Two hours later, I get a call in my hospital room to pay his bill!!!! This was the rudest I have ever been treated at a hospital. You forget about my son and a cyst but you're prompt to call me in my hospital room to pay your bill!!! STAY AWAY.
Dr. Abel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard W Abel accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard W Abel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.