Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard C Abisla has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Richard C Abisla has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Dr. Richard C Abisla has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard C Abisla is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I was sexually assaulted here. Richard Abisla wanted to show me my ovaries on the ultrasound after he’d completed the exam. I didn’t want unnecessary probing so I told him i knew what they looked like and wasn’t interested. He told me verbatim, ‘I do this for all my patients' and proceeded to move the ultrasound wand inside me. I tried to sit up and his nurse/receptionist who was in the room put her HANDS on me and forcefully PUSHED me back on the table. I froze- a flight or flight reaction- and was in shock. While I wasn’t able to do so at the time, I’m speaking out now because these people have NO BUSINESS treating patients. If a patient asks you to stop, you do not PUSH them back onto the table- that is sexual assault. If you or anyone you know have been assaulted by Dr. Richard Abisla, as I was, please file a report with the Falmouth PD and email me at email@example.com. This man should not have a medical license, and his nurse should not be allowed near patients. Please speak up so that other women don't have to go thru this.
Dr Abisla is a rare gem in the ranks of doctors these days. He will spend as much time as needed explaining conditions and options to you and LISTENING to what you have to say, Dr Abisla has been my doctor for several years and I am extremely satisfied with his knowledge, ability and skill.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abisla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1982
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Richard C Abisla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRichard C Abisla Md, 210 Jones Rd Ste 6, Falmouth, MA
Dr. Richard C Abisla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falmouth, MA.