The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard M Alexander
Dr. Richard M Alexander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery, Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard M Alexander has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Diabetes Complications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Sleep Disorders
- Varicose Veins
- Ear Surgery (Otologic Surgical Procedures)
- Lung Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Vascular Malformations
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Skin Cancer
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1977
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Richard M Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Surgical Associates, 7737 Southwest Fwy Ste 201, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard M Alexander in this video.
Dr. Richard M Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.