Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard L Allen
Dr. Richard L Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lancaster, CA, with another office in Edwards, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Antelope Valley Hospital. Dr. Allen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard L Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Richard L Allen has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Richard L Allen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
This doctor is beyond bad. He made so many problems for me I had to open an investigation with my health insurance. Long story short, he prescribed me a few medications couple didn't work and one did... I took it perfectly as prescribed... Then I get a referral for pain management saying I had an "opioid dependency" this was NEVER discussed between him and I, and I had been on the medication for two weeks. I didn't even know you could get addicted to medication in two weeks. He's garbage. He's a WUSS. Just an FYI.... I have arthritis in my spine and a 3 1/2 year running dislocated tailbone. My pain is very real. If you have any type of pain issues and get assigned to this doctor, call your insurance ASAP and switch it. Oh and to add to this weirdo, in front of my father, told me to watch for a rash on my back that I might have herpes, after I told him I was having mid level right side back pain. WWWWWWHHHHHHAT? Who gave this man his license. My husband warned me about him and told me how bad he heard he was... First appointment was such a front and I wish I could delete my initial review and had just waited. He's horrible and he's a liar and he's a wus. Beware of him. He will try and ruin your life. Oh and look out for his little witch workin in there named April, she laughed when I mentioned how mad I was that they couldn't take my notes to the doctor right and how much pain I was in. I bet Allen hired her. High Desert did NOTHING about any of the above either. I sent a few emails and they did nothing to right any wrong. Thank goodness I'm back with Sierra Medical Group, staff, doctors.... A BILLION times better. Please believe this and don't take a chance. I hope his license is stripped soon.
I was a last minute appointment about an hour and 15 min before they closed, it was probably 4:30 when I saw him, and even though they were closing in 30 minutes, nothing felt rushed. He seemed truly concerned about my well being. The office staff was nice. Cute movie in the waiting room and interesting Time magazines in the patient room. I'm very pleased. Good doctors that truly care are hard to come by.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2000
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard L Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard L Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, CA.