Dr. Richard G Alvarez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard G Alvarez?

Excellent

I spent 2 years playing on bad ankle and every doctor I saw told me everything was normal. When I saw Dr. Alvarez he suggested a scope and possibly surgery. Turns out I had torn 2 ligaments and had globs of scarred tissue. He is a very good doctor...but you must have a sense of humor.

Never again

If you do not mind waiting over 2 hours for this doctor, be my guest. Waited for 4+ months to get in and then left after 2+ hours and never saw him except from a distance.

I have had 2 surgeries with Dr. Alvarez, foot and ankle. He is not a doctor, who rushes you to surgery. He explores other options, before recommending surgery. Both operations were extremely successful, and I could not be any happier with the results. Be prepared for "sarcastic" personality. Having 5 brothers, I am quite used to dealing with sarcasim, and I really got along well with Dr. Alvarez. However, I warn that it does take a long time to get an initial appointment, but the wait was so worth it. I have seen 2 other "foot/ankle" specialists in Chattanooga, and none of them compared to Dr. Alvarez.

Following surgery my follow-up appts. were canceled twice and rescheduled - only to get to office and he is out of the office and asked to reschedule again. When I am seen the wait was 90 mins and he was very distracted and saw me for only 5 mins - with minimal ambulation instructions. What was to be a 6 wk follow-up is now 9 wks and still waiting.

I had a very complicated fracture and Dr. Alvarez has been the most courteous and caring about my trimalleolar fracture and his staff is the greatest If you need a orthopedic surgeon he is the best your gonna get in my opinion

He came in with a resident and was rather snide. I had pain in my ankle, but he was more interested in the fact that I have dry skin and insisted that I probably had diabetes. Follow up with my Regular doctor shows I don't have diabetes, not even close to having it, as my blood sugar is dead normal. He referred me for PT, which I cannot have as he uses only one particular therapist and they won't see me as my husband has a bill that he bankrupted. So we are having to pay that off before I can get care.

I had a terrible problem with my foot. I had not been able to walk for about 5 years without terrible pain. To my amazement Dr Alvarez did surgery on it and I can now walk pain free. I think he is the most amazing man I have ever met.

Dr. Richard G Alvarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.