Have you seen Dr. Richard Balderston?

Go to NYC

I submitted my CD with MRI and reviews to Dr, Balderston...He is like many of the other docs in the Philadelphia area. If you have more than two or three levels of degeneration in your spine, they will not touch you. He told me there was nothing he could do for me. I had to go to NYC for my surgery.

GREAT DR.

Wonderful Dr. Have had several very successful spine surgeries. All with great improvement and satisfaction. Wonderful caring Dr.

BE CAREFUL!!!

This "chief" said to me I have three herniated disks and nobody will operate on more than two. My job is in jeapordy b/c of back. Answer...I know..well good luck. Also said maybe it was my shoulder? I said why would you say that and all he said was I don't know I'm not a shoulder doctor. What a let down. Had referral from one of best surgeons and even the referring surgeon was baffled and won't refer anyone to him. Looking forward to meeting a doctor with credentials to be told something so out of this world dumb that I am still reeling. DO NOT GO TO THIS PERSON. YOU WILL GET 5 seconds and a thanks go pay you bill. Well no! You did nothing!! Why would they look over all of my reports then give me an appointment to say nothing and tell me to pay. Fair warning folks. This one might have a lazy God complex

Dan

This guy took the absolute minimum amount of interest in my case, and expended the absolute minimum amount of effort in reviewing the facts & trying to diagnose my issue. He told me there was "nothing he could do" to help my severe back and leg pain, and didn't bother to offer any other opinion or recommendation. He was in such a hurry to get to the next patient, he didn't even bother to give me back my CD, I had to retrieve it myself from the computer after he ran out. A complete waste of time & money, stay away !!!

Could not be happier

Dr Balderston did my spine fusion surgery last summer. I could not be more pleased with his concern and ability to fix my back. I feel like a new person.

sue Kampert

He is the best spinal surgeon I have met and I have been through quite a few including Delaware, Pennsylvania and Maryland docs. He has it all, intelligence, bedside manner and the emotional caring to actually feel your pain with you. I am blessed to have him as my doctor.

arrogant, cold, and unethical

Bummer

I couldn't be more disappointed. Lumbar bulging discs, no surgery required, that's all he cared about. Didn't care about anything else except getting to his next patient. Never use them again.

Dr. Balderston is that rare combination of surgical genius and real class act. He and his incredible CNP, Theresa, make an amazing team. He did my spinal fusion 10 years ago and I'll never forget that first day after surgery when I was in such horrible pain. He just came in and pulled up a chair beside me and grabbed my hand and said this is the part that's really tough. He was so completely present with me and seemed almost to be feeling the pain himself. Since then I have sent other family and friends to him for care, and whenever I see him he treats me more like a long lost friend. Not at all what you'd expect in a world class surgeon.

I was scheduled to have a spinal fusion, after meeting with Dr. Balderstone, and showed up at the hospital a few weeks before surgery for the labwork, blood donation (i had to donate my own blood, just in case they needed it during surgery), and signing of all releases. During the signing of releases, i realized that i had a few questions about the surgery, and the receptionist and nurse was unable to answer my questions. One week later i received a very cold letter from Dr. balderstone cancelling my surgical date, without a justifiable reason. I was hurt, livid, confused, and STRESSED. I had altered my work schedule, in anticipation of my surgery, and scheduled a 1 week vacation, before my surgery, so that i could relax before 'the big date'. In tears i called his office, as soon as i received the letter. The secretary REFUSED to let me speak to Dr. balderstone, and refused to allow me to schedule an office appointment, so that i could meet with him to discuss his reason for cancellation. Dr. Balderstone's decision to cancel my surgery cost me........both mentally and financially, and allowed me to truly see who he really is as a Dr. Any Dr that can do this to a patient, in my eyes, is NOT human!!!!!!I am truly blessed that he cancelled, and believe that everything happens for a reason. As a result of Dr. Balderstone's negligence, I found another Dr that truly cared about me, my health, and my well being.

Best doctor ever

Doctor Balderston is the most caring doctor I ever meet. 20 years after my injury he and his staff continue to help and care.Thank you.

2 years of agony

I had been struggling with severe Sciatica on my right side for 2 years. Tried it all. Chiropractor, Acupressure, Massage, Acupuncture, Magnetic Therapy, Physical Therapy, Electrical Stim Therapy and Aqua-therapy. I was taking Norco with MS Contin & the muscle relaxer of the day BUT nothing worked!I saw Dr. Balderston, we made the decision to have minimally invasive surgery for L4/L5 & L5/S1 vertebras on the right side.I woke up in recovery with NO FUSION, NO SCIATIC PAIN, just and micro-discectomy and a laminectomy on each one. It was awesome.I won't lie though, immediately after surgery and most of the night I couldn't get the morphine fast enough to ease the pain from surgery which I can best describe as someone having kicked you all along you lower back from hip to hip. It passed quickly, but that was the worst part!I have felt fantastic ever since, got back into shape and work on my "core" everyday!Dr. Balderston is a miracle worker and a great guy too.Good Luck!

Dr. Richard Balderston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.

Dr. Richard Balderston Is this you?