Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Baltaro
Dr. Richard Baltaro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC, with other offices in Omaha, NE and Omaha, NE . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Baltaro is affiliated with Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce, Alegent Health Mercy Hospital and Creighton University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Baltaro has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Baltaro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce
Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
Creighton University Medical Center
Outer Banks Hospital
VA Nebraska & Western Iowa Health Care System
Pitt County Memorial Hospital
Alegent Immanuel Medical Center
Sioux Valley Hospital, Sioux Falls, Sd
30 Years Experience
Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Richard Baltaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Baltaro in this video.
Dr. Richard Baltaro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.