Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Baltisberger has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
When my daughter was two she had issues breathing. We took her to LMH and received a breathing treatment which did nothing. Dr. Rick said that she had croup and had her transported to children's. They had a hard time getting a breathing tube in when they got her there. Her skin was white and had blue lips and fingernails. She was in ICU for three days. I am sure that only reason she is alive today is a direct result from his decisions. We are forever grateful.
Our daughter has been going to (as she calls him) Dr. Ricky's for 4 years now. Everyone there is so nice and polite. They treat everyone with respect, unlike some doctors who look down their nose at medical card patients. The wait time has never been very long, I think once we were there for half an hour because of a delay, but they were apologetic and the waiting room is full of things to do. Dr. Rick is knowledgeable, as are his staff of Aides, nurses, and Nurse Practitioners. They get right down to the point and pay attention to what we say! I would reccommend him to anyone!
I am the parent of an autistic teenager. I was worried about finding a pediatrician to care for him until I found "Dr. Rick". He is a wonderful doctor who has taken the time not only to care for both of my sons but to know them on a personal level as well. My oldest (now 24) wishes that he could still see Dr. Rick for his medical needs. My youngest son (the autistic) is always treated with respect and concern when we visit. I highly recommend Rick Baltisberger.
24 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1994
Nationwide Childrens Hospital
Dr. Richard A Baltisberger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTimothy Robert Gatens Md, 1865 Tamarack Rd Ste D, Newark, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Baltisberger in this video.
Dr. Richard A Baltisberger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, OH.