Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lysle Baumgartner has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
Years ago I saw Dr. Baumgartner after going through several weeks of counseling to see him. His eyes were floating. I recognized him from the past, but could not remember specifically how he had messed me up in the head. On this visit he offered generic Depakote. I asked him if there were more likely side effects between regular Depakote and generic. He said it was "less tolerated." After more questioning and later study I found that although it was a lot cheaper, the fact that the generic didn't have the extra coating meant that it would tear up my internal organs a lot quicker. I wonder how many people he's been responsible for putting in the ground with lines like "less tolerated." I left his office and never returned.
Dr. Baumgartner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Riverside Methodist Hospital
55 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1958
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Lysle Baumgartner accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lysle Baumgartner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.