Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Baylor
Dr. Richard Baylor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Baylor is affiliated with LEHIGH VALLEY HOSPITAL CEDAR CREST CAMPUS, Memorial Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Baylor has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Family Planning
- Infectious Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I started doctoring with Dr. Baylor about 2 years ago when my regular dr. was on vacation. I had an extremely serious condition, I'll even say life-threatening. Not only did he diagnose me 100% but he went overboard to make phone calls to specialists & other doctors to make sure I received proper care & medicines. He brought out medical journals & showed me what I would have to go through for my treatment. He is a little on the quiet side but that is just his demeanor. I like him because he is not an alarmist, he doesn't nag you & doesn't judge you. And he has never put me down for anything, that is more than I can say for some doctors I have seen in the past. Dr. Baylor acts like many doctors should - like a medical provider. I can't say anything deameaning about his bedside manner, he's not a showoff, the man takes his job seriously and I admire that. I am doctoring with him again for a new set of issues and he ordered tests, gave me meds & I know once the results come in, he'll make the phone call with my results. He is a very professional doctor and I highly recommend him. If you want a snob who is on a high horse, he is "not" the doctor for you!
Dr. Baylor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Allentown Campuses
32 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1985
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Richard Baylor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLVPG Family Medicine-3080 Hamilton Blvd, 3080 Hamilton Blvd, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Baylor in this video.
Dr. Richard Baylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.