Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard H Bennett has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neck Pain
- Preventive Medicine
- Stress Testing
- Back Pain
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nutritional Support
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Headache Disorders
Showing 5 of 13
I found Dr. Bennett to be thorough and kind. He spent a lot of time in the office, and although I had to wait almost 2 weeks to see him, it was completely worthwhile. He listened to me when I spoke, and I found him to be a very knowledgeable. I have scheduled another appointment next month as a follow up. I highly recommend Him.
I was referred to this doctor by my primary. I tried to make an appointment and she had to verify my insurance. Told me to bring cash because they for the copay. After she verified blue cross is an insurance company I asked to schedule an appointment. Noting available for a week and a half. Keep in mind we are talking about a possible serious condition. She has nothing available. So whatever I schedule it. 10 days later. I wait and the appointment day finally comes. I show up and I'm told I missed my appointment. What a joke I scheduled the appointment in my planner. Am I able to reschedule for tomorrow? No next appointment is next week. Ok don't bother. I'll find another doctor and give this feed back to my primary that refers you business. Don't know the doctor but the staff is not courteous or helpful in anyway.
43 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Richard H Bennett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKatz Bennettlevin Neuro Associates, 50 Township Line Rd Ste 101, Elkins Park, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard H Bennett in this video.
Dr. Richard H Bennett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elkins Park, PA.