Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard E Berger has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard E Berger has the following 11 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Gland Issues
Dr. Richard E Berger has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 8
He is all about the money. His office charge was $230 after insurance. He wanted new bloodwork (mine was less than a month old) $50. Then he wanted me to get an ultrasound at his hospital ($700). During my first visit he told me he wanted to change my meds to the name brand (fine) and then retest my blood 4 weeks from starting it (fine, $50) with a recheck (fine, $230). But once I had all my tests done he wouldn't tell me my results unless I paid him another $230. I can't afford seeing him monthly at $230 each time. My medication remains unchanged and I don't know my results because he won't tell me. Do no harm???
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
38 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Richard E Berger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDallas Endocrinology, 7777 Forest Ln Ste B430, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard E Berger in this video.
Dr. Richard E Berger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.