Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Berning
Dr. Richard Berning, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sandy Hook, CT. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Berning is affiliated with Connecticut Children's Medical Center, New Britain General Hospital and University of Connecticut Health Center. Dr. Berning has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Berning has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Richard Berning is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Berning is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Connecticut Children's Medical Center
New Britain General Hospital
University of Connecticut Health Center
Waterbury Hospital Health Center
Bradley Memorial Hospital & Health Center
New Milford Hospital
Midstate Medical Center
Norwalk Hospital Association
John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT
Yale -New Haven Hosp, New Haven, Ct
Danbury Hospital, The, Danbury CT
Hospital of Central Connecticut
CT Children's Med Center
Danbury Hospital Acute Ub
25 Years Experience
University of Cincinnati
Graduated in 1988
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Richard Berning accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Heart Specialists, 107 Church Hill Rd, Sandy Hook, CT
Dr. Richard Berning is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sandy Hook, CT.