Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Billingham
Dr. Richard Billingham, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Seattle, WA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Billingham is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, University Of Washington Medical Ctr and Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Billingham has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Richard Billingham has the following 9 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Prolapse
Dr. Richard Billingham has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Richard Billingham is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Billingham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center - Ballard
University Of Washington Medical Ctr
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Swedish Hospital First Hill Campus
Swedish Cherry Hill
University Of Washington Medical Ctr
Swedish Colon & Rectal Clinic
UW Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center-First Hill Campus - Seattle
42 Years Experience
University of Rochester
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Billingham in this video.
Dr. Richard Billingham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.