Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Blake
Dr. Richard Blake, MD, BA is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery and Gynecology. Dr. Blake is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital, Providence Hospital and Suburban Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Blake has the following 4 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I had such high hopes for this doctor after reading several good reviews, but this visit was a waste of time and money for me. I wanted to be tested for a hormone imbalance, and brought a list of symptoms with me. I was told that since I conceived this year, nothing could be done until next year (even though it was a miscarriage). I would have thought an endocrinologist would have taken blood work, not only because I'm trying to conceive, but just for my general health, physically and mentally. I was also told that my insurance was no good, even though Blue Cross Blue Choice is listed on the website. Maybe that insurance company doesn't pay him enough.
I have been with Dr. Blake for over 15 years and he has performed several procedures ranging from both routine and emergency. I describe him as having the "old fashion" bedside manner because he takes time with you, he makes sure that you understand everything and he not only is concerned about your physical state, but he is concerned about you as a person. He listens to you! I pray for long life and health because I don't know how I could find another doctor to measure up to him. He is the first I ever felt comfortable to perform surgery on me. I highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Blake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington University Hospital
39 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Richard Blake accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRICHARD E BLAKE MD PA, 1111 Spring St, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Richard Blake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.