3.2

Have you seen Dr. Richard F Blanchard?

Very Good

Dr. Blanchard is very good at what he does. He really takes time to ask you your history and tries to be sure he is giving you the right treatments. He isn't quick to give you meds unless absolutely necessary. He is quiet and you can tell as he is reviewing your chart that he is thinking about what would be best for you. I know some folks put a bad review for him and his staff. Yes sometimes they seem standoffish but they are all great. Best to go in with a smile and a good attitude. They are a very busy office so be patient. I have been going to him since 2005 and have been very satisfied with the care.

A man of few words when thinking, but is very knowledgeable

Poorly run office

Hard to get good answers on what to expect; have to ask a lot of questions. The staff is not very helpful or concerned and on 3 appointments they were running more than 45 minutes late even when I asked if close to on time when I arrived so i could meet work commitments. Office just seems very old school paper driven and inefficient.

Sunny

Dr Blanchard was very attentive, and did a very excellant exam while I was there as a new patient yesterday. Finally, I have found a Endocrinologist who will be "getting it right" after two previous Endocrinologists did not. I was impressed at the caring attitude he took with me..not too over-commpassionate...just right. Thanks, Doc , as I now have no worries, as I know you will take care of me well.

I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis

I saw Dr Blanchard as a new patient recently after having seen three other endocrinologists in the past several years, none of which I cared for.I found Dr. Blanchard to be very thorough, knowledgeable and concerned about my condition. I have a very complicated medical history besides thyroid problems and he took the time necessary to obtain a concise history.I found the staff to be very polite and helpful as well. I will continue seeing him and I would recommend Dr. Blanchard to others.

I have been going to Dr Blanchard for over 10 years. While the staff has ranged from incompetent to very polite and accommodating over the years, I have always found him willing to listen. He has been ill for quite a while which I am sure has affected his demeanor and mood but since his heart transplant, he has become much more cheerful and pleasant. However, I have never found him unwilling to listen or show concern however grouchy he may have been.

Knowledgeable but rude

I have had numerous appointments with him. I went in pregnant (and yes, got the same "why are you here" response as others) but was actually there because the pregnancy was threatened - it took my OB calling frantically and insisting on talking to the doc to get in to him on an emergency basis and it was still 2 days then. He is abrupt, rude, and dismisses everything I say, then turns around at the next appt and says I should've let him know. He argued with me on info about my medication causing very harmful effects, and only after being sent off to another specialist needlessly did he realize my info was correct and I needed to change my meds. He has never fully explained my condition - even when asked point-blank 2 times, nor told me any long-lasting things I need to know about it. Doctors need to keep up with their specialties, and I don't think he allows enough time for research these days.

The staff is extremely rude. It is very difficult to talk to the doctor - he does not want to spend time with you, and he makes you feel very uncomfortable. I will choose another endocrinologist.

The staff is very rude, patients should not be an inconvenience to the facility- he was very rude acted like i wasted his time-i happened to be pregnant at the time and just wanted to be established since my other endo. was leaving- he told me why did i come if i knew i was pregnant-i just wanted to be established-told me to come see him when i was done having my baby-who would want to go back? he is the dr not me-and should expect his patients to know what he does.

Knowledgeable, but not forthcoming

This doctor is very knowledgeable in his field, but getting information out of him is very difficult. I felt more confused after each appointment than before. His staff is not professional and making appointments is very difficult. The staff is not helpful and wait time for an appointment is no less than a month.

Dr. Richard F Blanchard is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.