Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Brennan
Dr. Richard Brennan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waterloo, IL, with another office in Saint Louis, MO. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Brennan is affiliated with St Anthony's Medical Center, Mercy Hospital - St. Louis, MO and Ssm St Joseph Hospital Of Kirkwood. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Brennan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
While Dr. James Brennan was my OB/GYN at that time, Dr. Richard Brennan delivered my daughter 3 years ago. Dr. J Brennan, my doctor, was out of town. I had never met Richard Brennan before so I was a little nervous when I went into labor with my first child on her due date knowing ahead of time my doctor was out of town. However, it was the best experience of my life. He had me and my husband laughing out loud during her delivery. He checked in on me often post-partum. I felt very comfortable while in his care. Great doctor with a great sense of humor.
While the Doctor himself is just ok his office staff is just awful! They lost my information several times, I had three "first" appointments before these girls could get it right. I stuck with him because I had heard wonderful things, my mistake. The staff does not call you to reschedule if he has to leave to deliver a baby. Instead they wait until you arrive for your appointment. If you have to see one of the other brothers who work out of this office, they will keep you waiting because they have there "own patients to see first" (as I was rudely informed by the office staff). I waited over 45 minuets before having to reschedule. The girls completely dropped the ball on my Gestational diabetes test, and then YELLED (yes yelled in a snotty raised tone, I was YELLED at like a child)three weeks before my baby was due that I had better get this done! Never mind the doctor and I had already taken care of it. When I went into premature labor, Dr.Brennen was already there delivering a another baby. So instead of attempting to stop my labor (I have a history of going into premature labor, he was very well aware of this) He decided that "were all here, may as well just take her out now" My baby ended up in the NICU for two weeks. It was the most stressful pregnancy of all my children. The girls in the office are anything but mature professionals. I would suggest women shop around before hand, there are much better doctors out there!
Dr. Brennan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Ssm St Joseph Hospital Of Kirkwood
ST Anthony's Health Center
SSM St. Clare Hospital
SSM St. Joseph Health Center-Wentzville
St. Anthony`s Hospital
SSM Rehabilitation Hospital
St. Clare Health Center
St. John's Mercy Medical Center
31 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Richard Brennan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Brennan in this video.
Dr. Richard Brennan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterloo, IL.