Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Brodkin
Dr. Richard Brodkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Statesville, NC, with another office in Winston Salem, NC. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Brodkin is affiliated with Medical Park Hospital, Davis Medical Center and Lexington Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Brodkin has the following 3 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have been seeing Dr, Brodkin for 3 years and I feel he is an excellent oncologist. I feel comfortable with him and his excellent staff. He answers all my questions, takes my concerns seriously and I feel he is truely my partner in dealing with my life as a stage4/meta cancer patient. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't sugar-coat things. He has always dealt with me in a very honest and straightforward manner, whcih I find reassuring and positive.
Dr. Brodkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Park Hospital
Davis Medical Center
Lexington Memorial Hospital
Davis Regional Medical Center
Thomasville Medical Center
Select Specialty Hospital-Winston Salem
Select Specialty Hospital
38 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Richard Brodkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Brodkin in this video.
Dr. Richard Brodkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Statesville, NC.