Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard B Buckles has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard B Buckles has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Richard B Buckles has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
My family have been patients of Dr. Buckles for 20 years. Dr. Buckles is a very caring, knowledgeable, and professional doctor. He gets to the root of the problem, without a lot of unnecessary tests. He is straight forward and doesn't sugar coat anything. He follows up at every visit on letters from other specialists and makes sure I'm on point for any other things due (ie well woman, eye, etc). If he feels you have something he cannot handle, he will refer you to a specialist. His staff is very nice and willing to help with whatever papers need to be filled out for FMLA and insurance.
This doctor comes across as understanding and caring at first. At susbsequent visits he is very arrogant and confrontational and totally ignores or insults you when you bring forth your health concerns. My elderly mother had a recent hospitalization and was instructed to follow up with a particular specialist after discharge. She needed a referral from Dr. Buckles first and he was very ignorant about it. When my mother returned to see Dr. Buckles after the visit to the specialist he was very ignorant to her and even started scolding her. My poor little sick elderly mother was just sitting there in a wheelchair while this doctor hurls at her " Well, what did he do for you that I couldn't do?!" , and "Let him write your dirty medicine", and so on. It was unbelievable. Every time she tries to tell him of something she is truly suffering from he blows it off and when you press for more thoroughness he gets extremely rude and challenging. I do not like how he talks down to you. Not everyone that walks in the door is medically ignorant. And yes, he is all about the insurance. Every time my mother asks for something specific he always says "Insurance won't pay for that" . My Mother has great insurance and we always check prior and already know whatever she is requesting is covered. Armed with this, he will usually reluctantly relent. I have had to have words with him at the last two visits about how he talks to my Mother. She is sick and doesn't even want to be there. She doesn't need to be the target of his ego. Moving on.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
40 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Richard B Buckles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRichard Bruce Buckles Do, 19515 Brune Pkwy, Warrenton, MO
Dr. Richard B Buckles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenton, MO.