Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard L Byrd
Dr. Richard L Byrd, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA, with another office in Baton Rouge, LA. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Byrd is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center. Dr. Byrd has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard L Byrd has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I found out that I had colon rectal CANCER in 2008!!! Other doctors I saw wanted me to have Chemo and Radiation before any was surgery was done. NON WAY. I went to Mary Bird and I was then referred to Dr. BYRD and when I saw him he made me feel comfortable and he could remove all the cancer without me having to go through Chemo. HE WAS RIGHT! DR. BYRD IS WONDERFUL and has been there for me every step of the way every time needed him over the pass 9 years over going strong. I WOULDN'T CHANGE DOCTOR'S FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!
Dr Byrd is a great doctor and surgeon, he did 3 of my colon resections and had a very gentLe hand, took time to sew my by hand instead of staples ,being I am a woman he cared enough to take that extra time so my scars wouldn't be so bad. he is my go to for any surgeries. even after moving out if state I will go thousands of miles for him to treat me.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2010, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Byrd is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Confederate Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Richard L Byrd accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard L Byrd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.