Dr. Richard Byrd Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Byrd?

Horrible Bedside Manners to Certain People

Posted on November 10th, 2017

Was very disrespectful to me and my deceased family member

WONDERFUL DOCTOR, SAVED MY LIFE! I had COLON RECTAL CANCER SURGERY BY DR. RICHARD BYRD!

Posted on June 26th, 2017

I found out that I had colon rectal CANCER in 2008!!! Other doctors I saw wanted me to have Chemo and Radiation before any was surgery was done. NON WAY. I went to Mary Bird and I was then referred to Dr. BYRD and when I saw him he made me feel comfortable and he could remove all the cancer without me having to go through Chemo. HE WAS RIGHT! DR. BYRD IS WONDERFUL and has been there for me every step of the way every time needed him over the pass 9 years over going strong. I WOULDN'T CHANGE DOCTOR'S FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!

Excellent doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2017

My wife as in the hospital for a blocked colon recently and was treated by Dr. Byrd. She able to avoid sugery due Dr. Byrd's excellent care.

Posted on January 31st, 2017

Dr Byrd is a great doctor and surgeon, he did 3 of my colon resections and had a very gentLe hand, took time to sew my by hand instead of staples ,being I am a woman he cared enough to take that extra time so my scars wouldn't be so bad. he is my go to for any surgeries. even after moving out if state I will go thousands of miles for him to treat me.

Posted on March 15th, 2016

You won't find a better colon specialist anywhere! Do your body and yourself a favor. Don't play around with your colon. Go to the best colon specialist right here in Baton Rouge. Can't praise this doctor enough! You won't be sorry!

Posted on September 9th, 2015

Dr. Byrd did my ileostomy ten years ago and everything is still working great. We thank God for him.

Phenomenal

Posted on May 5th, 2014

I heard that Dr. Byrd was the best in his field, so I scheduled my colostomy reversal with him. He was so caring and listened to all of my concerns. My recovery was much faster than expected. I was walking around and getting up to get things for myself the next day. Amazing surgeon. So glad I chose him. Only negative I would say was that there is a really long wait time at his office. I waited 2 hours one day. However, once I saw him, he spent over 2 hours with me addressing any concerns. He is definitely worth the wait.

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

He saved my life.

Posted on June 13th, 2011

When Dr Byrd cared for my mother in the hospital, he actually feed her to see how well she was eating. He did his own dressing changes as well. You don't find doctors like him that often -- his wife must be such a jewel to share him with his patients. I know my family is eternally grateful for his care and for saving my mother's life. May God bless him and his family.

Kind, caring physician

Posted on April 26th, 2010

Although not the surgeon that performed my colon resection, Dr. Byrd treated me while my physician was out of town. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Byrd's kind, compassionate manner. He is a real treasure.

Posted on November 3rd, 2009

Dr. Byrd has always been interested in my care and in doing what's best for me.

Posted on August 7th, 2017