Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard C Bell has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Richard C Bell has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
Dr. Richard C Bell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
My husband and I have seen Dr. Bell for many, many years for treatment of a variety of conditions ranging from rashes, warts, etc. to some surgical procedures, e.g. infected boils, cyst removal, etc. His competence, depth & breadth of knowledge, and compassionate listening are incomparable. He has gone out of his way to find new doctors for us in the state we are moving to. I have referred many friends to him who have also been most satisfied with their care. We will miss him tremendously.
I had a mysterious rash that my GP kept treating without diagnosing or testing. (As in, first prescribing a low-strength hydrocortisone, then scabies cream (!), then a fungal cream...) It really wrecked my skin. Finally I did what I should've done in the beginning and that's go to a specialist. I really like that Dr. Bell doesn't require a referral and got me in right after I called. At my appointment, I was amazed how he really listened. He got out a sheet out of paper and began to timeline and chart all my symptoms, even stopping me a couple times to confirm. He took a quick and painless biopsy and discussed a few theories, explaining contact dermatitis can be tricky to determine the trigger but that we would. My skin has cleared up and I'm so grateful that I found a doctor that took the time to diagnose! I would recommend this doctor to everyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Richard C Bell accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard C Bell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.