Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Richard C Greer
200 Patewood Dr Ste B200
Greenville, SC 29615
Richard C Greer has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Richard C Greer has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Richard C Greer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Richard C Greer - Posted on April 19th, 2012
Procedure went well, no pain
Self-verified patient of Richard C Greer - Posted on February 24th, 2010
Dr. Greer performed a colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy on me. I arrived to the facility and waited less than 5 minutes. The nurse inserted the IV and I went back to the room with Dr. Greer. He explained what would happen and I told him that I wanted to be knocked out! His staff delivered! I don't remember a thing!I woke up and had no pain. I don't remember a lot, but I know that I was not very gassy. I know some patients have a lot of gas following this procedure, but I didn't. My throat was not sore or scratchy.I trust Dr. Greer so much that I would allow him to treat my child. He is an excellent Dr. We are lucky to have him in the Greenville area.
Very kind, great bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Richard C Greer - Posted on January 2nd, 2010
I went to my family Doctor last week with abdominal cramping, bloating, and numerous other digestive problems. It took one week to get an apt. with Dr. Greer. I arrived at Gastroenterology Associates and waited 5 minutes to be called back into a room. I was one of the first appointments of the day. The office staff was nice and the nurse was as well. Dr. Greer was very friendly and professional. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand. I trust Dr. Greer so much that I recommended him to my own mother.
Richard C Greer Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreenville Endoscopy Center-Patewood, 200 Patewood Dr Ste B200, Greenville, SC
Richard C Greer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.