Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard J Cardosi
Dr. Richard J Cardosi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakeland, FL. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Cardosi is affiliated with Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Cardosi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard J Cardosi has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Richard J Cardosi has the following 10 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Female Genital Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Vulvar Cancer
Dr. Richard J Cardosi has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard J Cardosi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
This surgeon has a god complex. He is incredibly condescending toward patients and even hospital staff. He's very arrogant for somebody that has injured several people's aortas. Learn from my experience and avoid this guy.
After a year of not knowing what was wrong, I was finally diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer, and referred to Dr. Cardosi. He and his staff made me feel comfortable, and hopeful about my treatment. They gave me encouragement, and yet Dr. Cardosi was frank and upfront. I am alive today because of the care and expertise of Dr. Cardosi.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cardosi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Richard J Cardosi accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWatson Clinic Llp, 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Cardosi in this video.
Dr. Richard J Cardosi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.