Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Carlson
Dr. Richard Carlson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Corpus Christi, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Carlson is affiliated with CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville, Spohn South and CHRISTUS Spohn Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Carlson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Richard Carlson has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Richard Carlson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Carlson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville
CHRISTUS Spohn Health System
Christus Spohn Shoreline Hospital
Driscoll Childrens Hosp
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice
Corpus Christi Medical Center-Bay Area
CHRISTUS Spohn Memorial Hospital
Christus Spohn Hospital - Alice
Bay Area Med Center
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Cristi-So
Doctor Regional Hosp
41 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Richard Carlson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH TEXAS BONE AND JOINT, 601 Texan Trl, Corpus Christi, TX
Dr. Richard Carlson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.