Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard K Chessler has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Richard K Chessler has the following 16 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Richard K Chessler has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard K Chessler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I should have written review 4 or 5years ago. Dr Chessler is amazing dedicated dr. so professional and caring .... after many tests he also had me see a surgeon... If not for them I wouldn't be here today . I had a colon resection that saved my life . Earlier I had owed money and couldn't pay but I did pay over 3 years they never harassed me and I would tell anyone that needs to be helped with stomach issues to seek medical help from this man
I had a procedure done with this guy. My follow up appointment was at 4pm and I didn't see him until 5pm. He basically read the result from the computer and started yelling at me when I asked if I need antibiotics for stamach inflammation. He goes no, NO bacteria. I told him the previous medicine didn't work and asked him why I am not getting better at all in two month. He said "then we try another one." Seriously I think patients are jokes to him.
Going for a colonoscopy and/or related office visit is an awkward thing. Had both upper GI endoscopy & colonoscopy 5 yrs ago when Dr. Chessler was in Ft Lee. Just had another upper with another colonoscopy next week. Dr. Chessler is a kind, patient but straightforward dr with the best "bedside manner" I've ever had-very important to a patient in this circumstance. At recent consultation, he had fully reviewed my file before i came in so he recalled my family medical history, everyone in the office is kind, professional, punctual, detail oriented and knowledgable. I don't understand when people give doctors bad reviews because of their insurance. If I had a nickel for every time the staff told THE SAME PATIENT who just wasn't getting it that they will get a pre-cert but it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to see what their insurance covers. They give you a brochure about your procedure reiterating this. Follow-up wasn't necessary so I didn't rate that.
The staffs do not explain everything to you. If you have Aetna Insurance, do not go there because you will be paying 30%. I found out that they do not have contract with Aetna after I got my bill. At the beginning, they say they do accept my insurance and I don't need to pay copay. And after few weeks, I got the bills with different amount each time. Now I have to pay 30% for the office visit, GI and Colon screening tests. And they want you to pay everything in amount in 6 months or it will go on collection agency. I am so angry that the staffs never explained well enough about my insurance coverage (they are too busy chatting). I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN and I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO ANYONE especially if you have Aetna.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
New York Medical College
Dr. Richard K Chessler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Gastroenterology Of Bergen County, 140 Sylvan Ave Ste 101, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard K Chessler in this video.
Dr. Richard K Chessler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Englewood Cliffs, NJ.