Dr. Richard Meyer Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Richard Meyer?

GREAT DOCTOR!

Posted on August 22nd, 2016

His office staff is amazing. I had carpel tunnel surgery and you can't even see the scars. I can use my hands like I could when I was a teen. He is SO smart and funny but his humor is sarcastic and not for everybody. DON'T LET THAT KEEP YOU FROM SEEING HIM. I've seen him for other reasons as well and has always been great.

Work injury

Posted on June 19th, 2016

I loved Dr. Meyer. He is a bit of a smart Alec, but so am I. No people he doesn't hold your hand, and he expects you to ask intelligent questions, like maybe you are involved in your care! He followed a first surgery after the initial injury and minimized the incision (and resultant scar) and helped get me on the road to recovery. No God complex...he's just a darn fine doctor who cared enough about my outcome to go the extra mile. He didn't have to make my scar look better but he did. His nurses and staff were great too! Don't see Dr. Meyer unless you're willing to be involved in your own recovery, because he expects you to participate in it.

Thoracic Outlet Surgery

Posted on April 14th, 2016

No relief from TOS surgery. Passed off to pain management now.,

Posted on March 12th, 2015

excellence

Posted on July 14th, 2014

Staff at front very rude. His staff in the back was excellent.

Posted on February 25th, 2014

Letting this guy cut on me was the biggest mistake I have ever made! After surgery I had a one night stay in the hospital and when the anesthesia had worn off, it felt like I had just woken-up from a severe automobile accident. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even speak and all I could do was wail in pain. Luckily my wife was able to stay with me during that time and she frantically called a nurse who came in and said "Meyer didn't order any post operative pain medication for me so there was nothing she could do". My wife was furious and told the nurse to get hold of the Dr. to approve this treatment immediately. Three excruciating hours later she returned and said she couldn't get hold of Meyer but managed to locate his assistant who approved a minimal dosage of pain reliever. On discharge it was clear to everyone that I was in extreme pain to the point where the discharge nurse told me to go see my general physician as soon as I got home to see what he could do for me. Bottom line is that the surgery didn't come close to solving my problem, Meyer let me sit in the hospital in agony and never did come to see me after surgery in the hospital, and spent literally 10 seconds with me on the follow-up visit just to tell me "you look fine to me" at which time he kicked me to the curb. Recommendation to my friends: Run to the nearest exit! Recommendations to my enemies: Run to the nearest exit!

hated this doctor! !!

Posted on October 22nd, 2013

This doctor has worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. I never saw any of my x rays. He never answered any of my questions regarding my injury or surgery. My injury was work related and he treated me as if I was nothing not even human, he did not provide the best solution to my pain.

Worst Care and Bedside manner to date

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

I have attended my significant others appointments to Dr. Meyer due to a work related injury. Let me be clear that this doctor should realize that the "God Complex" is just that, a complex, and he gives himself way too much credit!! While in his world he may be the "almighty", he lacks much when it comes to proper care of a patient. He is very condescending when he speaks and should know that although surgery is not always the answer, (duh), you might have to do some work every once in a while. Not everyone, including my significant other, wants to ride workman's comp or try to get on disability for a work related injury. It may be a surprise to Dr. Meyer but some people really want his help to find out what the problem is and FIX it right the first time!! I thought, surely, if anyone could fix the problem he could but I was wrong!! I don't understand how he could say, "I don't see any problem!", when he could clearly find out what the problem is!!!! I thought that is why he was a "HAND SPECIALIST" and not a doctor who could be swayed easily by others!! To those of you who have a choice in their doctor, I do not recommend him to anyone, including people I do not much care for!! We were not so lucky to have a choice but Dr. Meyer had a choice!! He had a choice to treat a patient well and to the best of his ability but...he simply chose NOT help a patient in need! I pray for him that he may realize his ways and be more sympathetic to those in pain and the care he should be providing instead of the lame care he provides!! He has greatly diminished our faith in doctors and the profession!

the best ortho

Posted on February 13th, 2013

I love this doctor! If you are looking for good medical care, this is your guy. If you are looking for sometime to hold your hand and coddle you like a child, maybe go see someone else. Dr Meyer is going to avoid surgery unless it is absolutely necessary, too. I've been to him for a second opinion before knee surgery, and he said NO! That was 20 years ago, and my knee healed. If you want a competent doc go see him.

Posted on June 12th, 2012

He failed to follow any instructions he was given by any and all other physicians. He failed to include and have the additional surgeons needed in the operating room as requested in previous consults by those surgeons. He also failed to honor my request of having a cosmetic surgeon on hand. After the surgery was completed, he stated to all in the room that he had gotten all and removed all of the tumor, yet the radiologist report failed to indicate that this was true and it is now growing again. Also, I failed to be given adequate medication for pain afterwards and instructions for removal of the stitches was minimal at best.

Thoracic Outlet Specialist - Seasoned & Successful Professional

Posted on June 12th, 2012

After 4 longs months,and several physicians, therapists and specialists, my 20 year old daughter was referred to Dr. Meyer as a surgical specialist treating Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Although a diagnosis was made early, it seems we couldn't get a consistent path to recovery. We ended up at Andrews Orthopedic in Birmingham who confirmed the diagnosis and referred us to Dr. Meyer as surgery would be likely. Dr. Meyer warmly greeted us and had a thorough understanding of her injury and her path to recovery up to this point. Although noone wants to have surgery, Dr. Meyer was very clear in explaining why standard physical therapy would be futile in her specific case. He answered all of our questions with care and seemed optimistic about the path forward. Surgery is the next step, and we very comfortable that he will be the one performing it.

Posted on March 7th, 2012