Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard D Welch has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Richard D Welch has the following 58 expertise
- Kidney Disease
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Holter monitoring
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Parkinson Disease
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pelvic Pain
- Urinary Incontinence
- Eating Disorders
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Personality Disorders
- Back Pain
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Diabetic Foot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Skin Cancer
- Family Counseling
- Eye Infections
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Sports Injuries
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Sleep Disorders
- Spinal Disorders
- Colon Cancer
- Stress Testing
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Family Planning
- Critical Care
- Chronic Illness
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Dr. Richard D Welch has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard D Welch is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Good bedside manner, friendly, seems to really care about his patients.
I have been seeing Dr Welch since he first started practice in Bowling Green. He has always takes time to listen to what my problem is and looks for the cause instead of just prescribing medicine and having me return every 30 days. He has always been very polite and never acts rushed. He take the time to actually find out why I am there and what he needs to do to help. I have recommended him to family & friends and will continue to do so.
I have several chronic health issues, and Dr Welch has correctly diagnosed and prescribed perfect dosages for each one. I recommend him and his staff to friends and aquaintances regularly. Highly skilled and knowledgeable, as well as nice, he remembers minor details about my health that prove he really cares.
Was told that they found cancer spots on my liver, needed to look for the cause so they could treat it. Went to my OBGYN, pap looked fine. He wanted to do a colonoscopy, but he had ripped my cowokers mother during one and she was hospitalized for months. My OBGYN sent me to a local specialist. No cancer, no nothing. AND no call from Dr. Welch's office EVER. This is something you never forget since I had 3 children and thought I was dying. No follow up, no nothing.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Welch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard D Welch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimecare Medicine Associates, 990 Wilkinson Trce, Bowling Green, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard D Welch in this video.
Dr. Richard D Welch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bowling Green, KY.