Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard Demarsico has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Richard Demarsico has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Richard Demarsico has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard Demarsico is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Demarsico is an excellent OB/GYN doctor. I have been going to him since 1980 and I have no complaints. He always has plenty of time to listen and explain. He tells it like it is and does not make light of any problem or situation. have no complaints about his bedside manner. He's the BEST! I would recommend him highly. Also, I have never had any problems with the staff. They have always been courteous and attentive.
I switched to Dr. DeMarsico when I was 6 weeks pregnant because my gynecologist was not delivering babies at the time. I was so pleased with the staff and ease of scheduling an appointment. The doctor seemed kind of old school but fine. He got angry with me over a leep procedure I'd had done 2 years prior and I honestly have no idea why. I should have switched then because it made me feel weird. I stuck with him through my pregnancy. The pregnancy was very healthy, baby did great and was in a great position. Towards the end, the doctor started really strong arming me into getting induced right at 40 weeks despite the baby being healthy and the office being filled with signs explaining why inducing is not recommended. His explanation was that he was worried about the baby being too big. He also started discussing the possibility of having a c section. At several points during my pregnancy I made comments about how relieved I was that the pregnancy was going well and he got angry about this because it made him nervous. Women are allowed to be happy about healthy pregnancies. I was extremely grateful that I went into labor while he was away because I had a fairly easy vaginal delivery and I got the impression that he would have tried to force me to get a c-section simply because he was nervous.
I am extremely happy with the expert medical care I have received from Dr. DeMarsico through the birth of my two children. He has given excellent advice and performed two very successful surgeries, thanks to his experience and careful attention to me as a patient. I highly recommend him as an OBGYN.
48 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Richard Demarsico accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEssex Womens Health Center, 33 N Fullerton Ave, Montclair, NJ
Dr. Richard Demarsico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Montclair, NJ.