Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard D Demopoulos has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Richard D Demopoulos has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 18
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Demopoulos and after confirming my appointment with his staff. I cancelled my appointment with a doctor closer to my work (which is an 1.5 hr away from where I live). Dr. Demopoulos was closer to my home. I contacted both his office and my original doctor's office to explain in detail that I wanted to have the surgery closer to home to be closer to family. I had my records transferred to Dr. Demopoulos. I took a day off work unpaid to go see him. I understand he sees patients twice a week and leaves at 12 on both days. I was his last appt for the day I believe. He was extremely rude to me asking if I just found his phone number in a phone book. Telling me that he wouldn't help me. Even after I told him that if my appendix gets worse I would have to go to my local hospital's emergency room he told me that he is the surgeon there (St. Luke's Hospital) and chances are he would be my surgeon (1 out of 5 chance he said). And that he wouldn't help me. He told me that he would send me back to the original hospital. Which I told him that would be on the hospital to transport me and he said "we do that all the time". For appendicitis? I don't understand why this doctor was so angry. I have managed care appendicitis. They are treating me with antibiotics to remove it after it has calmed down. He told me that he didn't have all the records which I told him I had coordinated with his staff and my original doctors staff. If he was missing information wouldn't his office contact the other office for the information. He kept telling me that he was "late to the party" in regards to performing my surgery. Which I am not sure how a surgery is a party. He compared what I do for work to what he would have to do in regards to coming into the middle of the care and taking over the surgery. I explained everything to his staff so they knew all the details and to him. They understood my want to move the surgery closer to my home. Dr. Demopolous was rude, condescending and raised his voice angrily at me. I am not sure what he was mad about but I have never been treated by another person in this manner let alone a doctor! I suggest if you have him as a doctor you ask for a different doctor.
When the doctor told me that the biopsy showed I had breaat cancer, he continually looked at my husband rather than me which was very upsetting. Later I asked why I needed to see him so close to seeing other doctors as followup to the cancer treatments, he would give me no explanation and seemed to get angry.
29 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1989
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Richard D Demopoulos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard D Demopoulos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairhaven, MA.