Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard P Dhanes
Dr. Richard P Dhanes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westlake Village, CA, with another office in Westlake Village, CA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dhanes is affiliated with Los Robles Hospital. Dr. Dhanes has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard P Dhanes has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
By Far, one of the Best Doctors I have been to in 30 years. Dr Dhanes knows his stuff and I have referred Family and Friends to him. I was also referred to him by a friend. You may have to wait before your appt. but that is because he is taking his time with other patients. He is definately worth the wait!
Dr. Dhanes has been my primary care physician for the past three years, but I will soon be looking for a new physician. The entire office experience with Dr. Dhanes has never been good and just continues to get worse. His office staff are a bunch of bozos, and Dr. Dhanes has this "no news is good news policy" which is just absurd because when they forget to tell you something (and this has happened frequently) you're left to assume that everything is OK when it's not. Why is it that my medical results can't be communicated to me? Dr. Dhanes and his office staff are very poor cummunicators, and frequently fail to respond to inquiries in a timely manner, often citing the "it's been crazy here" excuse. As a medical professional I've worked with many physicians over the years both in a personal and professional capacity, and I can honestly say that Dr. Dhanes just doesn't get it. Time for me to move on.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2015, 2013, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dhanes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Richard P Dhanes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard P Dhanes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake Village, CA.