Dr. Richard J Dow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard J Dow?

Not a good visit!

My son and I recently had a check up with Dr. Dowe.He may be very knowledgable and respected and he was thorough in our check up however he made my son extremely uncomfortable and I found him to be quite unpleasant as well. A pediatrician really needs to make a child feel comfortable and safe and this Doctor was not able to do this on our visit. We will not be seeing him again!

Great Pediatrician!

Dr. Dow is a great pediatrician to our sweet 16 month old. He is very knowledgeable and always up to date on the most current evidence based care. Also, he has amazing follow-up; a few weeks ago I e-mailed (with no urgent intent, assumed he would get it the next day) around 10pm at night regarding a cough my daughter had and within 5 minutes he called to check on her. Not many physicians would take the time and compassion to do so. He's great!

Vaccine Issue

I liked many things about Dr. Dow and his staff - friendly, professional and knowledgeable; however, our experience with your young son and getting vaccinations was not a good one. Our son was just one year old, and still recovering from a mild case of chickenpox. I called to cancel the vaccination appointment, (for Hep B and two others) but was convinced by the nurse and Dr. Dow that we should proceed with the vaccinations as scheduled, despite my son not feeling well, and still recovering. Within 12 hours of getting his shots, he had a terrible reaction to the (3) vaccinations, (red and purple hives covering his entire body, swollen tongue, and a very scary visit to the ER) This triggered an almost decade long struggle with serious chronic hives. He has fully recovered, and is now a healthy teenager. I now know to fully trust my instincts; we have since vaccinated our children with one vaccine at a time, and NEVER when they are ill, or still recovering from an illness.