Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard J Duffey has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Richard J Duffey has the following 14 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Vision Issues
Dr. Richard J Duffey has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Richard J Duffey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 17
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Duffey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1983
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard J Duffey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPremier Medical Group, 2880 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Duffey in this video.
Dr. Richard J Duffey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.