Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard E Alexander has 3 locations
957 Cheraw St
Bennettsville, SC 29512
410 S Jones St
Pembroke, NC 28372
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard E Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.<br>These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
Dr. Richard E Alexander has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Richard E Alexander is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
16 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Richard E Alexander Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Richard E Alexander
Dr. Alexander provides standing appointments in the Laurinburg office for high school and college athletes at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and on Mondays and Thursdays in the Pembroke office, 410-D S. Jones St. OrthoCarolina-Scotland also provides office hours at the following locations: * Bennettsville, 209 Ball Park St., Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. * Pembroke, 410-D South Jones St., Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard E Alexander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Laurinburg, NC.