Dr. Richard E Bird Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Richard E Bird?

only had the initial visit, we were very impressed with knowledge and mannerism.....and he listened!

Dr. Bird is a very good doctor he takes his time with each person, so your wait time may very.

Thoughtful, knowledgable, thorough, and caring

Dr. Bird is the best! I have seen MANY neurologists at Mayo Clinic, NIH, Johns Hopkins, Emory, and even in Europe. In the end, after a plethora of tests and days in the hospital, they all seem to come back into agreement with Dr. Bird on my very difficult and unusual case--migraines with edema and other related issues. Dr. Bird's patience and kindness are only overshadowed by his thoroughness, deep knowledge base, experience, and willingness to do what it takes to solve a problem. He does not talk down to you, is a good listener, and a credit to his profession and oath. Also, after 25 years of being his patient, I can tell you that I have never found his staff, or the other doctor in his office when he was covering, to be anything but helpful and thoughtful. But, every patient should remember that they are people too, it is not all about us (certainly there are others being seen by the practice that need/deserve their attention, and their staff's attention during crisis more than we do at that moment) and thoughtfulness is reciprocal. This is difficult for those of us with long-term, chronic pain issues, but in the long run it pays off to treat others with the respect they deserve-especially an overworked staff. : )

Dr.Bird is great,but the receptionists are a little rude.

Terrible staff

After being given an initial appointment of 130 i sat in the exam room until 2. Dr Bird came in and talked to me for 10 minutes then excused himself to make some phone calls, another 45 minutes later he came back. I was in the office for 2 hours and talked to him for maybe 30 minutes, and then I was forced to stand around (literally) and wait while the girl at the desk checked her email and chatted about her personal life with the woman scheduling Radiology procedures at PRMC. When given a spinal tap because of intercranial pressure, Dr. Bird didn't order an opening pressure. While it's not necessary it would have been helpful to have in case of another spinal tap, to compare. the idiots at the front desk will simply give you rhe run around. My GP called Dr Bird to find out about any medications I would be put on and was told I would be put on medication immediately. When I called the office to ask about the prescription, the idiots at the front desk first told me the Dr wasn't there he had left for the day, and then told me I'd be getting no medication (to lower brain pressure !) until the Dr received the opening pressure (which remember he didn't order!). So i called my GP and when he called 5 minutes later, Dr Bird was all of the sudden there. I am not terribly impressed with his Doctor in particular, and his office staff is a bunch of idiots who do nothing but give you the run around.

Doctor's Response

this is totally invalid . i have to answer caals when on call duty at hospital and never more than five minutes . the spinal tap was repeated because the radiologist did not do the ordered opening pressure which was the whole reason for the procedure. this patient gave my staff a very hard time.

Great Doctor

Dr. Richard E Bird is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salisbury, MD.