Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Gallagher
Dr. Richard Gallagher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Valhalla, NY, with other offices in Valhalla, NY and Valhalla, NY (and 2 other locations). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Gallagher is affiliated with Westchester Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Gallagher has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Yes, this board certified psychiatrist assists in exorcisms. Read his lovely op/ed in the Washington Post where he so arrogantly/ignorantly declares that patients are free of mental illness but are filled with evil spirits because he has second hand knowledge of things such as their "levitation" and speaking a foreign language. Bravo Doctor, you blur the line between charlatan and avid Harry Potter fan boy with physician a distant third.
Dr. Gallagher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Westchester Medical Center
32 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Richard Gallagher accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard Gallagher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valhalla, NY.