Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard E Grant has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Showing 5 of 17
I had a consultation with MR grant 2 years ago about my osteoporosis and a hip replacement. I have been a Registered Nurse for 35 years at a major center city Philadelphia University. I was told by MR grant that I did not have severe osteoporosis and I did not need a hip replacement. I could not walk at this point without having severe excruciating pain, even with taking medication. I can read an x-ray and mri which showed there was no space between my hip bones and was told that it was severe by my primary MD. MR grant brought me a piece of paper which looked like a child's drawing of a hip, showed it to me and said see you don't need a new hip. He asked me to point to where I was having pain, in which I pointed to my hip. MR grant told me, oh that's not your hip....WHAT ????.....I think You should return to school sir. I also think you should be aware that not all patients who come to you are complete idiots. I went to Pennsylvania Hospital , received my new hip and have been pain free since, Reflecting on this experience with MR grant has me thanking the lord that I went elsewhere. Who knows if His surgery would have went well. I wish all his future patients well and good luck.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2010, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Grant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Richard E Grant accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEinstein Medical Center Philadelphia, 5501 Old York Rd, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard E Grant in this video.
Dr. Richard E Grant is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.