Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard E Wing has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard E Wing has the following 7 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Richard E Wing is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
Dr. Wing is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Richard E Wing accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Excellus BluePPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Richard E Wing
Dr. Wing is Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Nephrology. His clinical practice is geared toward the entire breadth of general nephrology. His approach emphasizes patient autonomy and practical practical solutions to disease managment issues. For every patient he seeks to balance the issues of health, functional status, and quality of life.
Locations & DirectionsSTRONG MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard E Wing, MD - Nephrology in Rochester, NY, in this video.
Dr. Richard E Wing is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NY.