Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard L Eichel
Dr. Richard L Eichel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Little Silver, NJ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Eichel is affiliated with Riverview Medical Center. Dr. Eichel has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard L Eichel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 15
I have been a patient of Dr. Eichel 26 years. he is a wonderful doctor! he cares about your total well-being. he is extremely knowledgeable about all medications. Erin and Robyn. are very friendly. he is extremely professional and always answers any questions. you are seen at your appointment time,is a wonderful addition.I have total confidence in Dr. Eichel. kudos to the doctor and his staff!!!
Too bad there is no zero star rating. I have been a patient with Dr. Eichel for many years, and was always pleased with him and staff - both Robyn and Erin are very nice and seemed very competent. If you are essentially healthy, you will be fine with this doctor. However, if you want something more - like getting a treatment for Hep C that can potentially make you desease free, or anything else of this nature, you will be better off with a professional. My Hep C treatment by Harvoni was spectacularly bungled by this doctor. He told me that I got approval for 12 weeks of Harvoni. I was very happy with that. At the end of four weeks, I asked him if I should be tested for the viral load to see if the treatment is working - because, you know, that is what the blogs say you need to do. The doctor laughed it off, saying that if I am that neurotic of course, we can do that. Nobody wants to look neurotic, right? So, I did not insist. Four weeks later it turned out that I was only approved for four eight weeks, not twelve like he told me. At that point, I did not have my viral load results and had no recourse goi back to insurance and asking for additional treatment. The doctor was MIA while I was trying to reach the office and nobody called me and said, You know, we bungled your treatment. We are sorry. Now, if eight weeks were not sufficient or if you relapse soon, the additional treatment WOULD NOT WORK because you body would be resistant to the drug. How can people be co cavalier with other people's life? An apology, maybe? An explanation? Stay away from is doctor. Highly unprofessional and uniformed.
Dr. Eichel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Richard L Eichel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard Eichel Md Llc, 180 White Rd Ste 104, Little Silver, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard L Eichel in this video.
Dr. Richard L Eichel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Silver, NJ.