Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Fain has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
Dr. Fain is a doctor who cares. He spends the time and he gives you the straight scoop...while always being supportive. I have trust in him to do the job right. The office has done a great job recently of arranging his calendar so he stays on time for appointments. He delivered both my children and has kept me healthy throughout the years.
Dr Fain is a rude, impulsive and impatient Doctor. He does not listen to you when you speak and talks in circles. His two associates are wonderful, but he has horrendous bed side manner. My experience with him while pregnant was so awful that I had to switch practices- which is ashame bc I really trusted and liked the other two Doctor's in his practice.
I've been Dr. Fain's patient for over 25 years. He was always compassionate and caring. Unfortunately, I have to agree with a couple of the comments about the wait time and his staff. I drive a very long distance to see him. The last time I was there I had to wait over 2 hours. I intend to find another doctor.
Words can not express how much I value Dr. Fain. He literally saved my life during a second trimester miscarriage. He is not only a genius, but kind and compassionate. He then helped me build my family and delivered three babies for us, one set of high-risk twins. I have unending gratitude to have been under the care of this brilliant man, Dr. Fain.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2016, 2011, 2010, 2013, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2009, 2010, 2008, 2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Fain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. Richard A Fain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Essex Ob/Gyn A Division Of Regional, 22 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 112, Livingston, NJ
Dr. Richard A Fain is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Livingston, NJ.