Dr. Richard A Fain Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Richard A Fain?

Total Trust

Dr. Fain is a doctor who cares. He spends the time and he gives you the straight scoop...while always being supportive. I have trust in him to do the job right. The office has done a great job recently of arranging his calendar so he stays on time for appointments. He delivered both my children and has kept me healthy throughout the years.

Wonderful Doctor

I can't say enough about Dr. Fain and how well we were treated by him and his staff.

Horrific experience

Dr Fain is a rude, impulsive and impatient Doctor. He does not listen to you when you speak and talks in circles. His two associates are wonderful, but he has horrendous bed side manner. My experience with him while pregnant was so awful that I had to switch practices- which is ashame bc I really trusted and liked the other two Doctor's in his practice.

I've been Dr. Fain's patient for over 25 years. He was always compassionate and caring. Unfortunately, I have to agree with a couple of the comments about the wait time and his staff. I drive a very long distance to see him. The last time I was there I had to wait over 2 hours. I intend to find another doctor.

Brilliant doctor who saved my life

Words can not express how much I value Dr. Fain. He literally saved my life during a second trimester miscarriage. He is not only a genius, but kind and compassionate. He then helped me build my family and delivered three babies for us, one set of high-risk twins. I have unending gratitude to have been under the care of this brilliant man, Dr. Fain.

WOULDN'T THINK OF GOING TO ANYONE ELSE

I have been Dr. Fain's patient for over 30 years and will continue to be for as long as he practices. Everyone that I have recommended to him over the years agrees with me. He is kind and compassionate. Once I complained to him about the wait time and he told me that he had spend more time with a nervous expectant mother. He explained that if I needed some extra time, he'd do the same for me. That's good enough for me. So... I suggest making an appointment when your not in a hurry. Dr. Fain is my guy. BTW...the staff has never been rude or surly to me.

Unprofessional Experience

Dr. Fain was covering dr. when I went into labor. He was apparently angry with me after I requested for attending dr. to administer test (instead of resident) as he had to go to the hospital at 4 am (just a few hrs before his shift ends) instead of delegating it to on-site resident. He made me feel uncomfortable as he spent majority of the time badgering me about my request for no residents and made condescending comments about my primary dr. under his breath. He abruptly performed internal exam on me and proclaimed afterwards "couldn't a resident have done just as good of a job?!" followed by "do you know even know what a resident does?!" I responded that I did, as my sister-in-law is a chief resident and knew about my request. He snapped at me "you have your sister-in-law give me a call, I have a few words for her!". Those were his last words to me as he walked out the door and never followed up on the status of my labor before his shift ended a couple hours later. He was rude, unprofessional, showed no empathy for a woman in labor and made me feel uncomfortable.

Dr. Fain is too busy socializing to stay on time. Staff is rude and lacks initiative and compassion. Wait time is unacceptable.

Dr. Fain is very nice but enjoys socializing instead of staying on time with his patients. The wait is unacceptable and unnecessary.His staff is unprofessional and disrespectful. They have no concern for the patient and no compassion. I would not recommend this Doctor or his office.

My OB/GYN for 30 years....

I cam upon this page looking up his fax number and wanted to take a moment to tell you about him. Dr. Richard Fain has been my OB/GYN for 30 years. I would not hestitate to recommend him to anyone. His practice and the way in which he manages his patients, with patience, sensitivity, compassion and sincere concern for their health especially during pregnancy is the epitome of what an OB/GYN should be. Dr. Fain delivered one of my girls and provided care throughout both my pregnancies. I have been to him with a range of concerns and issues over the course of the last 30 years, from birth control to pregnancy to menopause. Always he has given me excellent care, and has taken the time to explain everything with kindness and genuine concern. He is an ecxcellent physician and an exceptional man. I recommend him without reservation.

Agree with the other reviewers. One of the most compassionate and competent doctors I have ever had. I feel blessed to have found Dr. Fain as my obstetrician. Highly recommend.

Great doctor long wait but 100% worth it!

Dr. Fain has a long wait so bring a book or something to do and plan to be there an hour or so, his staff is very helpful and he does book quickly being he is such an amazing Dr.nso you want to call a few months in advanced if it's for an annual exam if your pregnant or have a problem the staff is great with fitting you in. Dr. Fain has been my doctor for years and although there is a wait it's for a good reason because he spends as much time with you as the Patient before you excellent bed side manners and answers and explains every question you may have. I would never in a million years think about going to another doctor , or another practice for that matter.

Dr. Richard A Fain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livingston, NJ.